Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blog Management

Why is blog management important? Indeed, what do I mean by blog management? Well, I like to look upon blogs as living, organic entities, i.e. your blog will grow over time (with new blog posts), will reach out to other blogs and websites over the internet (incoming and outgoing links) and the structure of the blog itself will change over any given period.

The most important factor, however, is blog growth. If you don't add content to your blog regularly, it will stand still, and the search engines will eventually stop crawling your blog for fresh content. Your blog will, in effect, die!! This theory may not hold true in the case of well-established blogs, but if you're just starting out with your blog-baby growth is the key.

It's therefore imperative that you 'feed' your blog with fresh content on a regular basis. I don't think there's an optimum amount of times per day / week / month that you should add content to your blog, but as a general rule, I'd say the more the merrier! I try to create a new post for my blog 5 or 6 times a week, and by doing this I'm giving the search engines plenty of 'food' to gorge on. If a search engine's spiders come crawling and keep on finding fresh content on my blog, then those spiders are gonna keep coming back for more!

So my blog management (in the main) consists of publishing new posts 5 or 6 times a week. I set aside 2 or 3 hours after I finish work to create new blog posts. I will usually take the weekend off, but if I'm feeling the urge to post something new, I'll go right on ahead and do it. If your blog is still in its infancy, this is crucial to its success, as you want the search engines to know, right from the start, that your blog is growing day after day. By allocating time to your blog on a regular basis, you'll have a great chance of blog success!

John Stewart is the owner of a blog which contains a whole wealth of blog traffic guides and tips.

His blog contains information around how to bring a steadily increasing amount of web traffic to your blog, along with the actual methods he is using on a day-to-day basis.

http://watchmebuildtraffic.blogspot.com

No comments: